Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Is a Goodbye to Charlie Enough?

The Washington Post today provided the best incentive I have yet seen to vote for Republicans in the mid-term Congressional elections.

Those of you who read this blog (both of you) know that I believe that the Republicans held down spending better when they were a minority party. As a result, I was not planning to vote for any Congressional Republicans in November. Now, thans to the Washington Post, I am wavering:
Rep. Charles B. Rangel (N.Y.), who would become chairman of the Ways and Means Committee if Democrats picked up the 15 seats needed to regain the majority, said in an interview yesterday that he will quit Congress if the party does not capitalize on an unparalleled opportunity.
Throw in Maxine Waters's resignation as well, and it would be a done deal for me.

I think I need Mr. Rangel's promise in writing and legally enforceable.

No comments:

Gender Silliness