Micheal Moore: What a Joke
Michael Moore wrote an unintentionally hilarious open letter to consertvative over the leection. Why is it hilarious? See my comments.
To My Conservative Brothers and Sisters,Sorry, Mike, I am not disheartened. The Republicans betrayed conservative principles for years, became the big-spending, pork-earmarking party and got what they deserved.
I know you are dismayed and disheartened at the results of last week's election. You're worried that the country is heading toward a very bad place you don't want it to go. Your 12-year Republican Revolution has ended with so much yet to do, so many promises left unfulfilled. You are in a funk, and I understand.
Well, cheer up, my friends! Do not despair. I have good news for you. I, and the millions of others who are now in charge with our Democratic Congress, have a pledge we would like to make to you, a list of promises that we offer you because we value you as our fellow Americans. You deserve to know what we plan to do with our newfound power -- and, to be specific, what we will do to you and for you.Ha, ha. You’ll never sell that to major university presidents who routinely try to block conservative speakers from campus or who want to impose speech codes to stifle free speech.
Thus, here is our Liberal's Pledge to Disheartened Conservatives:
Dear Conservatives and Republicans,
I, and my fellow signatories, hereby make these promises to you:
1. We will always respect you for your conservative beliefs. We will never, ever, call you "unpatriotic" simply because you disagree with us. In fact, we encourage you to dissent and disagree with us.
2. We will let you marry whomever you want, even when some of us consider your behavior to be "different" or "immoral." Who you marry is none of our business. Love and be in love -- it's a wonderful gift.You mean I can marry my dog? Ugh.
3. We will not spend your grandchildren's money on our personal whims or to enrich our friends. It's your checkbook, too, and we will balance it for you.Has anyone told that to Abramoff’s Democratic recipients of largess?
4. When we soon bring our sons and daughters home fromThereby encouraging the worldwide jihad, because the jihadists will think they “won” in
, we will bring your sons and daughters home, too. They deserve to live. We promise never to send your kids off to war based on either a mistake or a lie. Iraq
5. When we makeEnjoy the months of waiting for an appointment and hours of waiting in lines. Forget any healthcare treatment that is not mainstream, government–approved, pill-pushing.
the last Western democracy to have universal health coverage, and all Americans are able to get help when they fall ill, we promise that you, too, will be able to see a doctor, regardless of your ability to pay. And when stem cell research delivers treatments and cures for diseases that affect you and your loved ones, we'll make sure those advances are available to you and your family, too. America
6. Even though you have opposed environmental regulation, when we clean up our air and water, we, the Democratic majority, will let you, too, breathe the cleaner air and drink the purer water.And you will do so by imposing unnecessary regulations that will make all costs of living extraordinarily high, substantially lowering everyone’s standard of living. Thank you ever so much.
7. Should a mass murderer ever kill 3,000 people on our soil, we will devote every single resource to tracking him down and bringing him to justice. Immediately. We will protect you.You will do this by cutting and running if the going gets tough?
8. We will never stick our nose in your bedroom or your womb. What you do there as consenting adults is your business. We will continue to count your age from the moment you were born, not the moment you were conceived.Yes , Michael, while many of us wish your mother had had an abortion, we know is would have been wrong. And aren’t you glad she didn’t?
9. We will not take away your hunting guns. If you need an automatic weapon or a handgun to kill a bird or a deer, then you really aren't much of a hunter and you should, perhaps, pick up another sport. We will make our streets and schools as free as we can from these weapons and we will protect your children just as we would protect ours.Is it that liberals cannot read? The Second amendment is about the right to keep and bear military arms, because it is about a free militia.
10. When we raise the minimum wage, we will pay you -- and your employees -- that new wage, too. When women are finally paid what men make, we will pay conservative women that wage, too.And you don’t care how many jobs it costs to do it!
11. We will respect your religious beliefs, even when you don't put those beliefs into practice. In fact, we will actively seek to promote your most radical religious beliefs ("Blessed are the poor," "Blessed are the peacemakers," "Love your enemies," "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God," and "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."). We will let people in other countries know that God doesn't just blessWhat is your plan for dealing with Muslim intolerance: rioting over cartoons, death for religions converts, stoning of homosexuals, suicide bombings of innocents, flying jet planes into buildings. We have heard NOTHING from the Democrats about dealing with Muslim religious intolerance.
, he blesses everyone. We will discourage religious intolerance and fanaticism -- starting with the fanaticism here at home, thus setting a good example for the rest of the world. America
12. We will not tolerate politicians who are corrupt and who are bought and paid for by the rich. We will go after any elected leader who puts him or herself ahead of the people. And we promise you we will go after the corrupt politicians on our side FIRST. If we fail to do this, we need you to call us on it. Simply because we are in power does not give us the right to turn our heads the other way when our party goes astray. Please perform this important duty as the loyal opposition.See comment to paragraph 3. Get ‘em. I dare you!
I promise all of the above to you because this is your country, too. You are every bit as American as we are. We are all in this together. We sink or swim as one. Thank you for your years of service to this country and for giving us the opportunity to see if we can make things a bit better for our 300 million fellow Americans -- and for the rest of the world.Ha, ha. Good one, Micheal. Thanks for showing us how out of touch liberals really are.