Wednesday, August 03, 2011

False Claims of Terrorism in Debt Deal

Charles Krauthammer:
You had one congressman, I wrote it down — Mike Doyle in the meeting with the vice president yesterday actually said, ‘We have negotiated with terrorists. The small group of terrorists has made it impossible for us to spend any money.’ Well, that’s a hell of a definition of terrorism. Normally a terrorist says, ‘I want you to convert. I want your daughter, I want your money, I want your submission.’ This guy says a bunch of terrorists in Congress have stopped us from spending money we don’t have. You think that’s an argument that will carry with the American people? I think not.”
Of course, terrorism is not about goals, but a strategy or tactic. These Congresscritters who cheapen the word "terrorist" truly make me angry.

Hey, you clowns, terrorism is a tactic that involves actual creation of terror through death or destruction. What you Congressclowns don't like is the game of chicken, known in negotiating circles a "brinksmanship." Sometimes brinksmanship is the only thing that brings parties close enough to be able to make a deal.

I don't know if this current debt deal is good or bad. I don't know what good and bad mean in this context. I don't know who, if anyone won. Usually in Congress any deal means the American people lose, but that remains to be seen.

What is disappointing is that I don't see anything in the current deal that will shrink government.

No comments:

Gender Silliness