WikiLeaks Flap

Last week was a tough week for me and the next will be also, at least as far as keeping up with the blog. I apologize in advance for slow entries.

I have been thinking about the whole Wikileaks mess. Here is the way I see it.

Julian Assange is a scumbag. But he is not an American scumbag. We have no right to stop the flow of information by old media or new media journalists. However, a man of honor would not publish information he knows to be sensitive to eh security of his country or its allies. A man of honor would not publish material he knows or reasonably believes to be stolen.

It is hyperbole to call Assange a terrorist. He is a scumbag pure and simple, but not a terrorist. I take no position on the validity of the rape charges pending in Sweden. How could I have any opinion on that? I don't know the facts.

The bigger culprit in my mind the the person who leaked the information to WikiLeaks. I understand he was a military guy. Big punishment should await him.

The focus on Assange is misplaced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sacrificed Survivors

Erik Scott, Las Vegas Costco Shooting. Updated

Half Price Books: Victim Rich Zones