Sunday, December 05, 2010

WikiLeaks Flap

Last week was a tough week for me and the next will be also, at least as far as keeping up with the blog. I apologize in advance for slow entries.

I have been thinking about the whole Wikileaks mess. Here is the way I see it.

Julian Assange is a scumbag. But he is not an American scumbag. We have no right to stop the flow of information by old media or new media journalists. However, a man of honor would not publish information he knows to be sensitive to eh security of his country or its allies. A man of honor would not publish material he knows or reasonably believes to be stolen.

It is hyperbole to call Assange a terrorist. He is a scumbag pure and simple, but not a terrorist. I take no position on the validity of the rape charges pending in Sweden. How could I have any opinion on that? I don't know the facts.

The bigger culprit in my mind the the person who leaked the information to WikiLeaks. I understand he was a military guy. Big punishment should await him.

The focus on Assange is misplaced.

No comments:

Gender Silliness