What’s the Difference Between a Tea Party and Oscar Night? You See Black People at Tea Parties, reported at BigHollywood.com.
Of course it may be true that no black or other minority actors or actresses had remarkable performances this year. I am sure The Root would disagree. I am not a big enough movie-goer to assess any of the performances, nominated or not. I am not one to advocate for Oscar quotas based on race. Sometimes disparate impact outcomes are justified. That is not the story you usually hear from big liberal Hollywood types.
Will this year's dearth of Oscar nominated minorities lead to the Black Oscars or something? Wouldn't that be sad?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Governor Sarah Palin has need subject to many frivolous ethics complaints. Now one complaint has been investigated and the investigator has...
-
What is the truth behind the shooting of Erik Scott at a Costco in Las Vegas on July 10, 2010?. So far, the best that can be said is that w...
-
I have written to the Brady Campaign for some help. Here is my letter: 2/19/2010 Mr. Paul Helmke Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence 122...
No comments:
Post a Comment