Thursday, November 30, 2006
Memo to the NAACP: Islam is not a race. African Americans died on 9/11/2001, too. African Americans need to be safe when flying. Removal of persons engaging in disruptive and suspicious behavior (e.g., six slender people demanding seat belt extenders and not using them, and engaging in anti American threatening speech) is not profiling of any kind. It is a reaction to behavior.
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Sorry, Mr. Hastings, the opposition was not about hate. It was about character. It was about the importance of entrusting our national security only to someone who could have a security clearance. It was about avoiding a person with a history of accepting bribes in such a sensitive position.
And, Mr. Hastings, God is not finished with any of us yet.
Six imams removed from a US Airways flight from Minneapolis to Phoenix are calling on Muslims to boycott the airline. If only we could get Muslims to boycott all airlines, we could dispense with airport security altogether.Read it all. I applaud US Airways. Do not let anyone desenistize us from the caution necessary to keep our airways safe.
Update: Call a spade a spade. These six individuals were engaging in psychological terrorism. Read more here.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
See the video interview here.
Tulsa World expires its articles, so we cannot bring you the entire article.
Monday, November 27, 2006
For what is Islam but a belief-system that is uninterrupted by the workings of the individual conscience? In Islam, there is no mental freedom. You must submit. You must yield to the submission that Islam demands of its adherents. You cannot examine critically.In other words, by revealing the Koranic teachings of jihad, previously ignorant Muslims must now slavishly follow them. Read it all.
Friday, November 17, 2006
I believe in two-party government. I especially believe in it when it prevents Congress from doing anything – because that prevents them from doing stupid things. Of course, the Republicans were already doing a fine job of keeping even one-party government in a permanent logjam. Plus, the Republicans were also proving themselves just as unable to remain worthy of power while holding it as the Democrats did during their decades of dominance from 1954 to 1994.Read it all.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
Michael Moore wrote an unintentionally hilarious open letter to consertvative over the leection. Why is it hilarious? See my comments.
To My Conservative Brothers and Sisters,Sorry, Mike, I am not disheartened. The Republicans betrayed conservative principles for years, became the big-spending, pork-earmarking party and got what they deserved.
I know you are dismayed and disheartened at the results of last week's election. You're worried that the country is heading toward a very bad place you don't want it to go. Your 12-year Republican Revolution has ended with so much yet to do, so many promises left unfulfilled. You are in a funk, and I understand.
Well, cheer up, my friends! Do not despair. I have good news for you. I, and the millions of others who are now in charge with our Democratic Congress, have a pledge we would like to make to you, a list of promises that we offer you because we value you as our fellow Americans. You deserve to know what we plan to do with our newfound power -- and, to be specific, what we will do to you and for you.Ha, ha. You’ll never sell that to major university presidents who routinely try to block conservative speakers from campus or who want to impose speech codes to stifle free speech.
Thus, here is our Liberal's Pledge to Disheartened Conservatives:
Dear Conservatives and Republicans,
I, and my fellow signatories, hereby make these promises to you:
1. We will always respect you for your conservative beliefs. We will never, ever, call you "unpatriotic" simply because you disagree with us. In fact, we encourage you to dissent and disagree with us.
2. We will let you marry whomever you want, even when some of us consider your behavior to be "different" or "immoral." Who you marry is none of our business. Love and be in love -- it's a wonderful gift.You mean I can marry my dog? Ugh.
3. We will not spend your grandchildren's money on our personal whims or to enrich our friends. It's your checkbook, too, and we will balance it for you.Has anyone told that to Abramoff’s Democratic recipients of largess?
4. When we soon bring our sons and daughters home fromThereby encouraging the worldwide jihad, because the jihadists will think they “won” in
, we will bring your sons and daughters home, too. They deserve to live. We promise never to send your kids off to war based on either a mistake or a lie. Iraq
5. When we makeEnjoy the months of waiting for an appointment and hours of waiting in lines. Forget any healthcare treatment that is not mainstream, government–approved, pill-pushing.
the last Western democracy to have universal health coverage, and all Americans are able to get help when they fall ill, we promise that you, too, will be able to see a doctor, regardless of your ability to pay. And when stem cell research delivers treatments and cures for diseases that affect you and your loved ones, we'll make sure those advances are available to you and your family, too. America
6. Even though you have opposed environmental regulation, when we clean up our air and water, we, the Democratic majority, will let you, too, breathe the cleaner air and drink the purer water.And you will do so by imposing unnecessary regulations that will make all costs of living extraordinarily high, substantially lowering everyone’s standard of living. Thank you ever so much.
7. Should a mass murderer ever kill 3,000 people on our soil, we will devote every single resource to tracking him down and bringing him to justice. Immediately. We will protect you.You will do this by cutting and running if the going gets tough?
8. We will never stick our nose in your bedroom or your womb. What you do there as consenting adults is your business. We will continue to count your age from the moment you were born, not the moment you were conceived.Yes , Michael, while many of us wish your mother had had an abortion, we know is would have been wrong. And aren’t you glad she didn’t?
9. We will not take away your hunting guns. If you need an automatic weapon or a handgun to kill a bird or a deer, then you really aren't much of a hunter and you should, perhaps, pick up another sport. We will make our streets and schools as free as we can from these weapons and we will protect your children just as we would protect ours.Is it that liberals cannot read? The Second amendment is about the right to keep and bear military arms, because it is about a free militia.
10. When we raise the minimum wage, we will pay you -- and your employees -- that new wage, too. When women are finally paid what men make, we will pay conservative women that wage, too.And you don’t care how many jobs it costs to do it!
11. We will respect your religious beliefs, even when you don't put those beliefs into practice. In fact, we will actively seek to promote your most radical religious beliefs ("Blessed are the poor," "Blessed are the peacemakers," "Love your enemies," "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God," and "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."). We will let people in other countries know that God doesn't just blessWhat is your plan for dealing with Muslim intolerance: rioting over cartoons, death for religions converts, stoning of homosexuals, suicide bombings of innocents, flying jet planes into buildings. We have heard NOTHING from the Democrats about dealing with Muslim religious intolerance.
, he blesses everyone. We will discourage religious intolerance and fanaticism -- starting with the fanaticism here at home, thus setting a good example for the rest of the world. America
12. We will not tolerate politicians who are corrupt and who are bought and paid for by the rich. We will go after any elected leader who puts him or herself ahead of the people. And we promise you we will go after the corrupt politicians on our side FIRST. If we fail to do this, we need you to call us on it. Simply because we are in power does not give us the right to turn our heads the other way when our party goes astray. Please perform this important duty as the loyal opposition.See comment to paragraph 3. Get ‘em. I dare you!
I promise all of the above to you because this is your country, too. You are every bit as American as we are. We are all in this together. We sink or swim as one. Thank you for your years of service to this country and for giving us the opportunity to see if we can make things a bit better for our 300 million fellow Americans -- and for the rest of the world.Ha, ha. Good one, Micheal. Thanks for showing us how out of touch liberals really are.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
It does not make any difference if Robert is right or not.
The jihadists who fly planes into buildings, who strap bombs around themselves and who drive SUV’s into groups of students think so.
There are imams in American mosques who teach that form of Islam.
There are imams in mosques all over the world who teach that form of Islam.
Until the Muslims who both believe and persuade their fellow Muslims otherwise, we are all in danger if we do not recognize the power of the violent form of Islam that Robert Spencer exposes on Jihadwatch and in his books (The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam and The Truth About Muhammad).
Anyone, Muslim or nonMuslim, who dismisses Robert is simply sticking his or her head in the sand and denying the reality of the jihadists.
That is why Robert Spencer is important. We need to know the mindset of the jihadists, our enemy.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Gloating by Democratic winners basking in the glory of the Republican defeat, insisting that there is a mandate, would simply demonstrate that the Democratic victors are sincerely out of touch with reality.
And in Ohio, the outgoing Republican governor was probably the worst governor in Ohio history, criminally convicted to an ethic violation and tainted by a major financial scandal.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Read it all.
Backing a bigot
November 03, 2006 12:00am
ANDREW Bolt writes: It's the code of the tribe: the worst of us is better than the best of you. We have urgent work to do if we want to save ourselves.
Excuses over. The disgraced mufti of Australia set Muslims a test last month and they failed.
That test couldn't have been easier: make Sheik Taj el-Din al-Hilaly pay for preaching that unveiled women invited rape.
Prove that Muslims can't be led by a man who says raped women must be "jailed for life". Prove we have nothing to fear from your faith.
Simple? Yet yesterday 34 Muslim groups signed a petition backing this bigot, while others plan a big rally for Sydney tomorrow, denouncing not Hilaly but the non-Muslims who criticise him.
The results are in: Islam here -- as represented by many of its leaders -- is now a threat.
What's more: our culture of self-hate makes us too weak to properly resist.
I know saying such things is hard on the many moderate Muslims I keep insisting are out there. I am sorry for that, but where in God's name are those people? How much longer must we wait for them to speak?
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Somewhere along the way these countries [Europe and Canada] are redefined in the relationship between government and citizen into something closer to pusher and addict. And once you've done that, it's very hard to persuade the attitude to cut back his habit. Thus, the general acceptance everywhere about America is that the state should run your health care. A citizen of an advanced democracy expects to be able to choose from dozens of breakfast cereals at the supermarket, hundreds of movies at the video store, and millions of porno sites on the Internet, but when it comes to life-or-death decisions about his own body he's happy to have the choice taken out of his hands and given to the government.From America Alone by Marc Steyn, page 45.
As for alternative medicine, under a socialized system, you are at the mercy of whatever view is prevailing in government on the effectiveness of such treatments.
Islam is not only a religion, it is a complete way of life. Islam guides Moslems from birth to grave. The Koran and Prophet Mohammed's words at practical application of Koran in life cannot be changed..-- Nazra Quraishi, Kindergarten Teacher, in Lansing State Journal (Michigan), July 5, 2006, as quoted in America Alone by Mark Steyn at page 81, emphasis added.
Islam is a guide for humanity, for all times, until the day of judgment. It is forbidden in Islam to convert to any other religion. The penalty is death. There is no disagreement about it.
Islam is being embraced by people of other faiths all the time. They should know that they can embrace Islam but cannot get out. This rule is not made by Muslims; it is the supreme law of God. Please do not ask us Muslims to pick some rules and disregard of the rules. Muslims are supposed to embrace Islam in its totality.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
He was intending to slam President Bush's intelligence, just as he said.
However you cut it, the remark was mean-spirited and unworthy of civil debate. If he thought his intended remark was a joke, he does not belong in the public arena.
Update: I watched the video of Kerry's remarks in context. The "joke" was planned and canned. After listening, I am no longer sure who he was intending to slam.
The guy is mega-creepy.
For a eulogy of Ted Kennedy for the rest of us, go to The Funeral Guy .
Entertaining. Sophomoric, maybe. But it is satirical commentary by two Washington Post political commentators, Dana Milbank and Chris Cill...
Does this remind anyone else of last night's debate?