Friday, April 09, 2010

Courtroom Deputy Stoddard's Contempt Upheld

I have previouly reported onte bizarre courtroom behavior of an Arizona courtroom deputy here (with video of behavior), here and here.

The court of appeals has upheld the contempt finding, but remanded for a more appropriate sanction. Judge Donahue had previously ordered that the contempt be purged by a public apology at a press conference. Read the full opinion is Detention Officer Adam Stoddard v. Donahoe.

Adam Stoddard has refused to apologize for his misbehavior. If I were still practicing in Maricopa County Arizona and if I were appearing in that courtroom, I would have to consider a suitable motion to restrict Stoddard's conduct while I was in the courtroom. Stoddard has refused to acknowledge that he did wrong, so he is likely to do it again.

No comments:

Gender Silliness