As I was growing up, I kept hearing that one of the strengths of the Constitution was that it was a "living document" that could address our changing times.
As an adult, not just as a lawyer, I now realize that the "living document" rhetoric was an excuse to de-vitalize a wonderful set of governmental principles established in the Constitution and its first ten amendments. I am firmly an originalist on the analytical framework to interpret the Constitution today.
What follows is an excellent piece from Reason.tv, with particular focus on the Commerce Clause
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Governor Sarah Palin has need subject to many frivolous ethics complaints. Now one complaint has been investigated and the investigator has...
-
I have written to the Brady Campaign for some help. Here is my letter: 2/19/2010 Mr. Paul Helmke Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence 122...
-
What is the truth behind the shooting of Erik Scott at a Costco in Las Vegas on July 10, 2010?. So far, the best that can be said is that w...
No comments:
Post a Comment